Fixed vs. Operating Costs

Bob Irving rhirving at verizon.net
Mon Apr 6 12:38:15 EDT 2009

Sounds like we need more conversation and specific definitions, estimates of
the fixed costs and the operating costs.  Accounting is not my strength so
somebody needs to facilitate so we can all understand the numbers.

With respect to 979 - I have a call in to Tim (unfortunately he is out of
town) and will try to meet with him to flesh out his proposal.  In general,
I agree that it would be "easier" to work with 976 but the aircraft is not
up to a reasonable IFR standard. Let's see what kind of a fix EE might be
willing to apply here.  Also, the question of what equity (if any) we would
have in the aircraft is important. If we pay the note, the maintenance,
upgrades,  and upkeep for 5 yrs and then end up with nothing. I'm not sure
this is a good deal.   I also agree with opening membership to any private
pilot. but individual members should need to go through an application
process and member vote. We can talk about this when we discuss bylaws. In
my personal opinion I think new members should be subject to a credit check
- I think it is a reflection of a person's character.

Bob Irving