Agenda for Wed evening

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Tue Apr 7 17:12:58 EDT 2009

williammccann at comcast.net writes:
> Also, is the pilots liability insurance included in the $4500.00 fixed cost or should the individual be responsible to carry additional renters insurance.

I would expect that the $4500 covers the hull for the owner and
operator of the aircraft, and not the liability of the PIC.

But that's a very good point.  We need to find out exactly who is
protected by the insurance and what insurance we expect that club
members will need to carry.

>   Does anybody have any objections to a $ 250.00 initiation fee and a returnable $ 250.00 security deposit required when joining the club.

That seems reasonable to me, though it'd be good to see the terms of
the contract to understand why it isn't just $500 for a security
deposit.  (I'm guessing that there are two accounts there that are
used differently.)