survey

Steve Gordon steve at media-phile.com
Sat Apr 11 00:22:03 EDT 2009

My idea for the survey was that for each price bracket, we would gauge how
many members our club can expect, and therefore how much the one-time and
monthly dues will be.  For example, if only the seven of us are interested
in a Cardinal, then we'd know that we'll each have to contribute about
$1,500 down and then about $200/month thereafter (assuming we'd want to keep
such a beautiful plane in a hangar).  If, however, we find a total of 15
interested members, we can cut those numbers in half making the Cardinal a
more affordable prospect.

The survey contains three scenarios.  One is a basic 172, one is a 172 Hawk
XP, and the third is the Cardinal.  Under each option I have an estimated
cost structure (assuming 12 members) and the following options:

-          This would be my first choice.  I would definitely participate.

-          Not my first choice, but I would participate.

-          Undecided.

-          Not interested.

>From our point of view, undecided might as well be not interested, but it
doesn't leave the survey taker feeling like they've burned their bridges in
case they want to join later.

I am finishing up the survey now.  When I'm done I'll send it out to the
core group.

-Steve