sample numbers

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Sat Apr 11 13:00:13 EDT 2009

Mike Lysik writes:
> I'm assuming the overhaul for the 6 cyl would be more than 20k.  Does anyone have an idea on the cost so it can be reflected in the spreadsheet and survey?

I did some searching, and it seems nobody wants to put out solid
numbers, but I've seen anywhere from a low of 26K to a high of 40K
(!).  The latter was from the "Pacific Flying Club" newsletter, where
they were considering selling the aircraft.

It's certainly an important factor, as it goes right into the hourly
cost.