976 price

Steve Gordon steve at media-phile.com
Wed Apr 15 13:25:35 EDT 2009

The "finding another member" option would likely have to be the
responsibility of the member who is leaving or else we probably would not be
able to use the new member's joining fee directly toward the old member's
refund.  I would not want to be responsible for finding a new member to
replace me if I wished to leave.

I think we have established that we do not have the ability to borrow money
without a personal guarantee.

That leaves the special assessment.  Personally I don't like surprise fees,
especially if they are accompanied by an increase in regular dues.  I
wouldn't feel comfortable knowing that I could be responsible for a special
assessment fee and a monthly fee increase at any time if any member decides
to leave.

Selling the plane and shutting down would be extremely unfortunate.
However, it could be a real possibility under the right circumstances.  It
only takes a few members leaving in a relatively short period of time to set
us up for this.  I don't like being that vulnerable.

-Steve