proposed email to interested parties

Bob Irving rhirving at verizon.net
Fri Apr 17 20:12:02 EDT 2009

Following is the email I'm planning to send.  Commets??? Suggestions ???

Greetings to all.  We have come up with some numbers and we want to run them
by everyone to see what the interest level might be.

WORD OF CAUTION - this is by no means a final decision. We simply want to
try to measure the level of interest in joining "Eagle East Flying Club" if
we decided to purchase - a 1974 Cessna 172M with 5700 Hrs TT and 1600 Hrs on
the engine.

Since this plane might make it to TBO (2000 Hrs) before a new engine is
necessary, or it might not -  we would need to plan for that  considerable
expense.  The 400 Hrs remaining could come quickly if we have 15 members.
We don't want to lowball monthly dues and hourly cost only to hit everyone
with a surprise special assessment for a new engine 6 months down the road.
Therefore - with 15 members first year per member costs for this airplane
look like this;

Buy-in (engine reserve/down payment on aircraft) = $1450

Monthly dues = $55

Hourly rate (wet) = $60

These numbers include everything we can think of including financing costs,
insurance, normal maintenance, annual inspection, taxes, tiedown, etc.
After year 1 our aircraft would have a brand new zero time engine.  Perhaps
it would be upgraded at time of install from 150 hp engine to 180 hp. Some
are already discussing adding a GPS but that's down the road.

Please send me your comments. Would you be interested in forming a club if
these were the numbers?  If these numbers are not what you expected, tell me
what you might be more comfortable with. Thank you.

Bob Irving