proposed email to interested parties

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Thu Apr 23 10:35:06 EDT 2009

Bob Irving writes:
> cheap flying work if we must buy either 976 or 081. I think nobody
> interested in joining a flying club thought they would have to come up with
> some front end money. That probably explains the lack of response.

Likely, yes.

> I don't really understand your comment about >it seems like a high price to
> pay for a low value airplane< - it is what it is.

Sure; it is what it is.  The point was that we can already fly that
plane (or one like it) without putting down a large amount of money
and without having to commit to anything or deal with complicated
arrangements.

I think Todd's right that any up-front money needs to be nominal,
which _necessarily_ implies financing the remainder -- whether done
commercially or privately or some combination.  Parting with a few
hundred dollars to join a club, and to make sure it can meet its
initial obligations, doesn't seem like a big loss.  Many hundreds or
more is a bit more daunting.

> Finally, since you and Todd have come up with the idea of personal financing
> why not survey to see if you can find 2 more people willing to participate?

It'll probably have to wait until Monday.  I'm on vacation this week
(in Pennsylvania) and not so able to work on it at the moment.