prototype plane list

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Sun Nov 15 16:56:54 EST 2009

I wrote a hackish javascript tool to sort and search through a plain
text list of airplanes and capabilities.  It could probably be done in a
more coherent way, but it seems to work.

Hover over the column titles to find out what a click there will do.
The first four columns can be sorted up or down, and the rest are
boolean require-on, require-off, ignore selections.

  http://www.eeflyingclub.org/equipsearch/

It's just a prototype.  Let me know if you either have more airplanes to
add to the list or if you need information not yet displayed or features
not yet implemented.  (For instance, I know I can select all IFR GPS and
VFR GPS planes separately, but when selected together, it shows only
planes with _both_ kinds of GPS, not _either_.)

The information is the best I can do reading through the descriptions on
the various seller's advertisements.  It's often unclear whether the GPS
is (or could be) IFR certified (though if it's coupled to a GS, it
likely is), and not everyone lists all equipment the same way.

But it should serve as a way to narrow the search a bit.