prototype plane list

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Mon Nov 16 08:45:07 EST 2009

Bob Irving wrote:
> Very impressive job, Jim!

Thanks!

> It's interesting to me that the price of the a/c
> doesn't seem to have much correlation to the equipment list.

It is interesting, but not too surprising.  What I've read from all of
the aircraft sales sources is that when you're selling, you shouldn't
expect to get back more than a small fraction of the money you put into
upgrades -- so it's not surprising that upgrades don't affect price much.

It's unfortunate to see so many aircraft with now-useless Loran
equipment.  Many of the nicer planes on that list -- especially the ones
that seem to lack features -- actually have pretty advanced Loran-based
navigation equipment.

> I wonder what
> adding a column for engine time would show... probably what we would
> expect...lower the time/higher the price.

Great idea.  I'll add that.