meet in November

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Wed Oct 28 09:06:57 EDT 2009

Bob Irving wrote:
> Lunch is better. Joe’s is pretty busy on Sat mornings – could be
> difficult to make room for us.

I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to a meeting on the 7th.  My
father is ill, and has recently taken a turn for the worse, so I'm
headed to Pittsburgh that weekend.

As for an outline of what I'm looking for: I'm looking for a good 4-seat
IFR platform.  Glass would be nice to have, but not a deal-breaker if
not present.  I'd be willing to put up $15K as a buy-in for roughly
1/8th share, at least for the right plane, and $150/month + $100/hour as
somewhat flexible upper bounds.  Cheaper would be nice, but not if it
means lacking reasonable IFR tools.

I expect to need at least a few hours (and maybe more than that) of dual
time in the new aircraft to be safe, even if it's a model similar to the
ones I'm flying now, so needing an endorsement for complex or
high-performance isn't a problem.

My goal is to be in the club (and plane) for quite some time, so getting
the right one is important.