Meeting notes for January

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Wed Jan 13 19:39:59 EST 2021

You do not need to sign up for WINGS through the link as you have in the
past.  I will get the information I need from the WebEx log.  If you
didn't use the right email address there or if you don't want WINGS
credit or if you have other concerns, feel free to contact me by email
and we'll sort it out.

For FREE practice knowledge tests, go to:

   https://faa.psiexams.com/FAA/login

and select the second item -- "Practice Exams."  You can also find these
by going to faa.gov, and opening "Training & Testing" on the far-right
tab, selecting "Airman Testing," then opening "Knowledge Testing" and
finally clicking on "Sample Airman Knowledge Tests."  I took (and
passed) a practice Commercial exam with this, and it worked well.
Besides a realistic test environment, it gave me an interactive report
and the ability to share results with an instructor.

For the LiveATC.net forum next Wednesday (January 20th) at 10PM EST, go to:

   https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/187727728011891980

For the KPOC IMC Club IFR flight planning scenario discussed at the end
of the meeting (10PM EST tomorrow, January 14th), go to:

   https://www.faasafety.gov/SPANS/event_details.aspx?eid=103170