Homework

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Fri Sep 9 07:55:56 EDT 2016

I mentioned a final homework assignment in class.  That assignment is to
read chapter 17 of the "Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge:"

https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/phak/

We've found that there are questions about aeromedical factors on the
UAS exam.  This doesn't really make sense, as you're not riding inside
the UAS, so you're not subject to changes in air pressure and the like,
but apparently the FAA is pulling questions from that pool.

Let me know if you have questions.  The book is fairly easy to read, and
the chapter is just 30 pages with quite a few pictures, so it's not too
bad.  (Actually, overall, the entire handbook is very useful.  There's a
lot of information there about airports, aerodynamics, and weather.)