Garmin 430W and notes from 4/08/09 meeting

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Fri Apr 10 16:57:13 EDT 2009

Bob Irving writes:
> Let's wait until Tim responds. He seems to be dragging his feet.
>
> Jim, your calculations imply that you think 976 is worth $40,000 as is. I
> don't agree.

That was just an arbitrary number for the sake of argument; a way to
show concretely how the math would work out with Tim acting as the
bank.

I don't have special knowledge of the value of 976.

> I don't think 976 is even worth $20,000 as is. And, according
> to Sean the balance due on the note is "around $20,000" not $15,000.

Again, an arbitrary number.

If 976 is worth 20, and the balance is 20, the we actually owe Tim
zero, because he has no equity.

That's the underlying point.  Taking the plane means paying him over
time for his equity -- whatever it may be.