081 proposal from EE

Steve Gordon steve at media-phile.com
Wed Apr 15 19:15:47 EDT 2009

Considering SMOH it is exactly the same price as 976.  At $15,000 for overhaul over 2,000 hours that's $7.50/hr.  With 400 hours remaining that's $3,000 value left in the engine which is precisely how much more they are asking for 081.

I don't care about the paint unless it affects the airframe integrity (corrosion).  If it's a basic 172 we purchase it just needs to be functional and cheap.  I understand if some of you feel otherwise.

The financing opportunity on 081 is good.  It alleviates the need for a complex membership structure.

You know, I seem to remember that 081's engine was shipped out for maintenance not more than a year ago.  Metal in the oil.  Makes me wonder if they did an overhaul then.  They couldn't have put 1600 hrs on it in less than a year, right?

-Steve

Sent from Windows Mobile Smartphone.