James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Wed May 13 10:38:37 EDT 2009

Bob Irving writes:
> Have the 172s you've looked at been zero time engine + new interior + new
> paint + HIS and AP ?

Zero time is actually a little concerning to me ... the first hundred
hours or so are higher in failures.  Seeing a few hours would make me
feel like less of a test pilot.  ;-}

That aside, they've had a range of features.  Many with 430s already
installed, most with DME, plus with engine monitoring and even with
carb temp probes.  I haven't seen many with a decent AP, though.

>  In a good econ0omy this is a 75k airplane. It could
> probably be had for 60 and there are highly regarded Cardinal experts who
> will check it out for you for a reasonable fee.

Yep; as I said, it does look nice.  I'd put it at or near the top of
the list.