prototype plane list

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Mon Nov 16 08:52:37 EST 2009

williammccann at comcast.net wrote:
> Nice  work !!! Do we have any preference with engine types , Lycoming
> /Continental ?
>

> I think the Lycoming has a longer TBO then Continental , correct me if
> I'm wrong !!

Interesting question ... at least for me, I think the issue is further
down the list.  It's something I can include, though.

> Are we looking for a plane in great shape with a mid time engine for $
> 60,000 or do we
>

> search for something in the thirties and deal with an engine overhaul

The plus on dealing with the overhaul ourselves is that we can have it
done by someone we trust (like Penn Yan), and know that things are done
right, and end up with a plane that runs longer.  But it does mean an
initially longer lead time until we can actually fly the thing.

> .Check out the Civil
>

> Air Patrol plane listed for $73,000 @ 4 - Star ? I think you have it
> listed on your script.........

I know!  That was a surprise find.  At least the shipping charges would
be modest.  ;-}