Links from today's meeting

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Wed Feb 12 22:45:24 EST 2020

Here's the new 18 minute Dan Gryder and Steve "Flight Chops" Thorne
video that Jeff wanted to present at the meeting:

	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vlNtDWE0f8

The PDF document Jeff ran through in the meeting:

	https://tinyurl.com/AQP-AFR

And this is the AQP flight review home page with links to all of the above:

	https://flightchops.com/grassroots/

"AQP" is "Advanced Qualification Program" and "AFR" is "Annual Flight
Review" -- in other words, doing a flight review more often than is
required.

In addition to this, let me make a pitch for the WINGS program.  In my
opinion, the "use as flight review" part is not the selling point,
because you'll spend far more time and money doing the same thing in
WINGS that you'd do with a CFI once every two years.  Instead, the real
benefit of the program is on-going training and more regular practice.

As I mentioned in the meeting, Radek has been working on a new program
called "Proficiency365" that integrates WINGS flight increments,
simulators, CloudAhoy tracking, and progress tracking.  Start here:

	https://www.eaa.org/eaa/pilots/EAA-pilot-proficiency

And check out this site for scheduling time that counts for WINGS stages:

	https://www.communityaviation.com/app/centers

The scenario kits are free for EAA members.