EAA IMC Club Nashua Chapter Meeting August 10th and 14th

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Tue Aug 2 21:27:23 EDT 2022

Wanted: Oshkosh pictures.  Drop me a line if you have some to share!

The August EAA IMC Club Nashua Chapter Meeting is scheduled for
Wednesday, August 10th, at 1830L (6:30PM EDT) at the Nashua Airport,
93 Perimeter Road, Nashua, NH 03063:

  https://goo.gl/maps/GiC2DsYdULDLVpzU8

Because this meeting is indoors, and the room is not large, vaccination
and masks are recommended.  Please do not attend if you feel ill or have
a recent positive test result.  For those who can't attend in person, a
second virtual meeting will be held on Sunday, August 14th, at 6:30PM
EDT via Zoom:

  https://zoom.us/j/3577949883?pwd=aURNaEt6bjVoZWp1LzBFTklkQitNUT09

Without that link, it's meeting ID 357 794 9883 and passcode "5hSjnY"
(without the quotes).  Starting with this meeting, the virtual option
will now be the second Sunday each month, rather than the Sunday after
the Wednesday in-person meeting.  I've gotten feedback saying that it
was confusing to find the meeting moving around month to month, so now
it'll be fixed as the second Sunday.

Items planned for August's meeting:

  - Pilot Workshop Scenario (No Second Chances)
  - Question Of The Month (Radek and EAA)
  - Additional materials coming
  - Insert your item here (suggestions wanted)

I'll be there by 6PM to open the room, but the real meeting begins at
6:30PM with this month's scenario.  On Sunday, I'll have the Zoom
meeting open at 6PM for those who want to chat or test equipment, and
the meeting starts at 6:30PM EDT.

Here is the Question Of The Month from EAA:

  Are pilot-controlled lighting (PCL) systems always on CTAF at
  untowered fields? How can you find out what frequency to use?

Here is the Question Of The Month from Radek:

  You're doing the LOC 6 at Teterboro, because the GS is inop. You've
  lost the timer for the MAP -- or maybe you just forgot to set it.
  How else could you find the MAP?

  https://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/2207/00890IL6.PDF

I'm working on additional materials for the meeting.  If you're
interested in presenting your own question to the group, or have a story
to share, please do let me know.

You can sign up for WINGS credit at the in-person meeting here:

  https://www.faasafety.gov/SPANS/event_details.aspx?eid=113982

For the Sunday webinar, sign up here:

  https://www.faasafety.gov/SPANS/event_details.aspx?eid=113983

Hope to see you then.