survey

James Carlson carlsonj at workingcode.com
Fri Apr 10 17:01:40 EDT 2009

Bob Irving writes:
> Are we thinking that we will propose 3  different airplanes at different
> price levels (40-50-60) and ask everyone to vote on what they want? I think
> this approach would be a mistake. We will end up with 4 people choosing
> option#1, 4 people choosing option#2, 3 choosing option#3, etc. Nobody will
> be happy.

I would offer the three options and request that people say (for each
option):

	- would prefer this one if it were chosen
	- neither prefer nor reject
	- would not join club if it were chosen

In other words, a vote of +1 / 0 / -1 on each plane.  We can figure
the membership from the '-1' entries.  We need to eliminate from
consideration any plane that has so many '-1' votes that we don't have
enough people to continue, and eliminate from consideration for the
initial membership anyone who doesn't answer.  We can figure the plane
choice from the remaining votes and planes by looking at the '+1'
entries.