Survey

Bob Irving rhirving at verizon.net
Sat Apr 11 08:53:33 EDT 2009

Awesome job, Steve!

I have a couple of suggestions.  In general, I would quote a specific number
for each aircraft, not a range.  Here are my suggestions; (700-100-65)
(800-110-70) (900-120-75). I suggest dropping the warning about complex
endorsement and just say "Constant speed prop".

For the Cardinal I would add zero time engine and prop, new leather
interior, several instruments refurbished. Very reputable shop.

For the 1982  172  I would add some kind of a warning.  Private sale. Almost
10,000 hrs airframe time is very suspicious (about 386 hrs per year average
- patrol or police or flight school ? Please also note that most of the
avionics are obsolete, some are not even serviceable.  Northstar M3 GPS, for
instance, is no longer updateable after 3/12/2009. The Argus 3000 moving Map
is 1987 technology - it receives heading info from the aforementioned GPS -
database is contained on permanent eproms and if updateable (I doubt it) can
only be done by a technician ($$$).  We don't know what equipment actually
works and what does not work.  Frankly, the price is very suspicious.  We
should warn that a major avionics upgrade could be necessary. This is
probably a pig with lipstick. We could spend $10,000 or more to bring it up
to a useful standard

For the Hawk XP - very low engine time (240) and prop time (24). Very
reputable shop.

If this becomes simply a beauty contest, the best pictures will win. This
should be a money contest - see what people are willing to spend. I'm afraid
that not everyone will evaluate each example fully.

We have time to work on this as I want to wait for the holiday to be over to
send it out.

Bob