Eagle East Flying Club

Steve Gordon steve at media-phile.com
Wed Apr 15 00:40:07 EDT 2009

With a new engine and working equipment, 50K is pretty close to a fair
market price.  It's a bit high, but I think it's in the ballpark.  If we
were in a position to shop around, we may be able to steal something for a
good $10K cheaper, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

I think our squawk list has been communicated to Tim and Sean.  I would hope
that the transponder is replaced, the radios work satisfactorily (personally
I would settle for one "good one" and one that is adequate for receiving
ATIS and weather), and a fresh annual and IFR certification are performed.
New tires would be good too.  I have resigned to being satisfied with a
reliable airplane that can be flown for cheap.

Before I can make a decision I need to know how much of the cost can be
financed.  The less we can finance, the more expensive the buy-in is, the
fewer members we can recruit, making the buy-in and the regular dues more
expensive, and the vicious cycle is established.  Bob has a question in to
Tim, so we should know those details soon.

-Steve